Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Favorite Things Guest Designer .....YAY !!!

Hello everyone! 
Happy Thursday!  I am super excited, honored, and thankful to be 
today's guest designer on the My Favorite Things blog!! 
I can not thank My Favorite Things 
enough for this amazing opportunity! 
It is a dream come true! 

I created this card to share with you using two products from the brand new
release. Town Bears stamp set and. It is such an adorable set. 


I began by die cutting the base of my card using Die-namics
Stitched Rectangle dies. I used the largest one. 
I then stamped the bear, trees, and houses using MFT Hybrid Ink 
in the color Black Licorice.  I created masks for the images 
in order to create a patterned background. 




After taking off all of the masking (favorite part when creating these types of cards)
I colored my images using Copic markers. 


For the greens in the trees, I used G99, 94, YG95, YG67, YG17, YG13,
YG03, YG21. For the trunk of the trees, I used E47, 44, and 41


For the navy areas I used, B99, B95B93, and B0000.
For my bear, I began with YR27, YR24, YR21, and YR20
(I used these colors for the rust toned areas as well). 
I then went over the bear using E47, E44, E55, E35, and E31.

I loved how the background came out. I wanted to make my little bear standout a bit more, I decided to die cut another piece of cardstock using the same pale
I stamped the bear and the trees once again and colored them using
the same colors from the background. 
I glued the finished piece to the base of my card. 
My card was finished. 

I also have the treat box I created for my advent calendar to share with you. 
For today's box I used the same file from the online Silhouette store. 
It is the Favor Box by Lori Whitlock design ID# 187420
I used the adorable Town Bears stamp set again. 



I used the same color combinations of Copic as I did for yesterday's box,
you can find the ones I used here
For the 11 I used the Pop-Up Numbers Die-namics set. 





I truly loved creating with this set. 
I hope you enjoy and feel inspired to create.
Thank you so much for stopping by. 
Wishing you a wonderful and Blessed day






5 comments:

  1. I am so HAPPY for you Mayra! Congrats on being a Guest Designer for MFT! You make amazing projects so this should be no surprise! :) Your card is soooo CUTE and I LOVE your coloring... and what an adorable advent box! As always so creative! Have a great day! HUGS!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mayra so happy to see you as the GD for MFT..Both your projects are just amazing.. Especially in love with the favour box ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mayra! That is so exciting and well deserved because your work is always inspiring. Your projects here are adorable and colored in so nicely. Great color scheme. I like the little box you made, too. So appreciate your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mayra, I am catching up on MFT and saw the 12/14 pics when you were a guest designer. I love the little bears and have a question: Did you coat the stamps with something to make it appear like they have glass or a shiny covering on them or is it just the way you colored them? They are so bright and stand out so I had to find out how you did it. Thanks, Lynne

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS