Pages

Monday, June 15, 2020

YAY!!! Guest Designing for Lawn Fawnatics!!!!

Hello everyone!!! Happy Monday!!
 I am soo EXCITED...yes this call for all caps for the word excited, lol!!! 
I am beyond grateful, happy, and honored to be a guest designer for the
 It is such a blessing and a prayer answered!!!

As you may know by now I am a huge fan of Lawn Fawn. 
I love their products. I always have so much fun creating with their stamps and dies. 
For challenge #79 the theme is Interactive Cards. 
This was such a great challenge for me to be part of. 
One of my favorite types of cards to create are interactive ones. 


I created a shaker pivot pop-up card. I truly had a blast creating it. 





I began by die cutting the Stitched Pond Die four times,
the largest rectangle from the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables die set four times, the pieces for the pivot pop up from the Pivot Pop-Up die,  the Stitched Wave Borders, and the mountains from the Shadow Box Card Mountain Add-On.  On one of the stitched rectangles that will be going on the inside of the card, I used the smallest circle from the Lift The Flap Circles dies to create an interactive window for the treasure chest. I also used the Stitched Woodgrain backdrop die to die cut two pieces of kraft card stock, from those I die cut four frames using the smallest frame from Say Cheese, Again.



Next, I added color to what would become my island. I die cut the maze onto the ponds using the
You can do that step after you add color, 
I did it before so I can see what areas 
I would like to be green and which areas were going to be brown for the sand.

 I used Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Pine Needles Distress Oxide inks for green areas of the "island". I also used those colors for the mountains in the pivot scenes. For the base that would be seen of the islands, I used Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers. For the sandy areas, I used Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso Distress Inks. For the ocean areas, I used Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire. Then I spritzed the layers with a bit of water, which is always lots of fun. 


Next, I colored all of the images I would be using to create the islands, the underwater, and pivot window scenes. One of the things I love to do is go through the stamp sets and choose the images that will create the scenes that I am hoping for. 


I used various sets, I will have them listed below. I used Copic markers to color these in. My favorite go-to combinations. For the green areas, I used G94, YG17, YG23, YG03, and YG01. For the brown areas, I used E49, E47, E44, and E43. For the yellow areas, I used Y19, Y08, Y11, and Y00. 

I hope you enjoy the cards I created to share with you and hope you feel inspired to join us for the challenge, can't wait to see what everyone creates! 
Hoping you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Stamps used: 
(Stick for the sign in the pivot window)
Village Heroes (small clouds)










1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Mayra! I am so EXCITED for you! What a dream come true for you. I adore this labor of love you've shared. Oh my gosh, so many details, so beautifully colored and so well thought out. Your creativity shines! I can just imagine you smiling so big as you created this. Thank you SO much for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS