Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Birthday with Mama Elephant ....

I am back with a second post for today <3 . 
If you would like to see the first one , 
please feel welcome to click here . 

For the second post I am sharing two birthday cards 
I created for some of the sweetest IG 
crafty ladies I have been blessed to meet !! 

I used the adorable Lunar Animals 
and Little Edibles stamp sets 
from Mama Elephant . 

 For the first card I heat embossed the sentiment from the Mama Elephant Surprise Sentiments stamp set . The fonts in this set are beautiful !! 
 I used Bristol Smooth cardstock for my card base since I knew I would be doing a bit of watercoloring. I started by adding the Distress Oxide Inks in the colors Worn Lipstick , Cracked Pistachio and a bit ot Wilted Violet . 
 I heat dried it , then went over the middle area again with an actual watercolor in a minty tone . 
I heat dried that layer as well . 
 I then colored up the images and assembled my card . 
 For the second card I went with the same design , with the exception of heat embossing . 
Instead I stamped the sentiment using Ranger Archival Ink .
 I began with Distress Oxide Ink in Wilted Violet .
 I did the same process as the card above . 
 Here is a look of both cards side by side . 
These were quick and fun to create !! 

Thank you so much for stopping by !! 
Wishing you a wonderful and Blessed day !! 

Challenges 4 Fun ~ 
Emboss It 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the colors on these cards are so soft and pretty! I really like the watercolored backgrounds. What a fun way to ground your images, which are also colored fabulously. Two fabulous winners, here! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so gorgeous!! I love the background colors!! The images are so sweet!! What beautiful cards, my friend!! The recipients will treasure them!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous cards! Love those backgrounds and the sweet images!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so SWEET! Love both cards... aren't those oxides awesome! Love using mine! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS